This page is currently under construction…
The Benefits of Dance
Dance can be a great way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It is one of the few exercise forms that not only includes aerobic exercise, but also anaerobic. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits, including:
- Improved rhythm, coordination & spatial awareness
- Reduced stress levels and improved ability to relax
- Boosts memory
- Improved strength, muscle tone and flexibility keeping muscles and joints healthier
- Weight loss
- Stronger bones (reducing the risk of osteoporosis)
- Better understanding and control of your body, improved posture and balance
- Better circulation, strengthens the heart and lungs (reducing the risk of diabetes and other diseases and ailments).
- Increased endurance
- Increased confidence and self esteem
- Improved social skills
- Improved overall health and fitness, general and psychological well-being, leading to a better quality of life.
All of these are valuable skills that can be transferred and assist with any other form of exercise and within your day to day life.